Wednesday, July 1, 2009

To Mongolia With Love


You may remember the blue hat I knit a while back to send to the Dulaan Project, a project spear-headed by the Flagstaff International Relief Effort (F.I.R.E.) whose initiative is to help keep the homeless of Mongolia's capital warmer through their brutal winters. I had hoped to get a few more hats finished in time to send before the July 1st deadline, but due to a couple unexpected circumstances this spring, I only finished one more.



This little number, based off the wool hat pattern in Claire Montgomerie's Easy Baby Knits (I know, I know. I wish for your sakes I was bored of this book, but sadly, I'm not), was made using Sensations' Licorice wool in Purple Multi and (once I ran out, and realized the store had also run out) Moda Dea's Silk 'n Wool Blend in Pewter. Audrey, of course, asked for a modeling session before I put it and the blue hat in an envelope for shipping. Audrey, ahem, has her own methods of modeling. I am not one to try to orchestrate a photo shoot that she means for fun, or try to force play, so our modeling shots are a little unconventional at best.

Hats tried on (because once she was reminded of the blue one's existence, she had to give it another go, too) and given approval, they were packaged up and sent on their way earlier this week - just in time to make the July 1st deadline. And, hopefully in time to make a couple little ones much warmer this winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment