Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taking Stock


Here's a little secret. I'm getting a little help this week. A lovely group of ladies (and my mother-in-law last night) have been feeding my family this week, granting me some precious free time to finally tackle a sudden mountain of laundry and make the adjustment from busy family of three to busier family of four. Tonight, I used a bit of that free time to make future dinner preparations just a bit simpler. Using those jarred gifts so popular at Christmas-time as my muse, I jarred up the dried ingredients for our go-to dinner muffins. Then, I typed an abbreviated recipe card and slapped it on the front of the jar. Easy-peesy. Now, I just have to toss the dried ingredients in a bowl, add a few fresh ingredients, and we're into the oven and off to the races in no time. The best part? The jars just get thrown into the dishwasher for a quick clean-up when I'm done. And, they're pretty. Pantry art, if you will.

1 comment:

  1. You are too much!!! That does look really pretty though!!! HEHE!!!! I love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete