Monday, January 4, 2010

One More Look Back...

I realize that it's January 4th. And, while I should be focused on the now, I'm finding myself dawdling just a little bit in the Christmas season. Perhaps, it's Nathan's fascination with the Christmas tree lights, or the lack of free time to take down our ornaments. It could have something to do with the time I've spent the last couple of days finally getting our Christmas pictures developed and our cards signed. Ahem. Whatever the reason, could you humor me for one last post? We had a sweet little Christmas here this year, we wouldn't have changed a thing. However, I couldn't help but be inspired by a few things I ran across while reading others' blogs this season. So, for the sake of putting it all in one spot (and giving you one last dose of Christmas cheer and eye candy), here are some ideas I love for next year:

This tree by The Lettered Cottage.

The bulbs hanging from ceiling in the second picture on this post featured on the Spire Design Group Blog.

The idea of a Picture Book and Activity Advent for the month, found at The Crafty Cow (there is also one for 2009).

This Western Union card, posted by Betz White.

These recipes:
Apple Cranberry Tart and Roasted Red Pepper Crostini posted by Stephanie Levy.
101 Cookbooks: Sparkling Ginger Chip Cookies and Orange and Oat Scones.
Chocolate-Dipped Hazelnut Marbles posted on Chocolate and Zucchini.
Three Layer Peppermint Bark found on Orangette.

Here's to moving on to the now, and looking ahead to next year and the Christmas to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment