Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back Home and Back to School


Last weekend we took a little drive to Evansville to attend my youngest cousin's wedding. In my rush to get everything packed and everyone safely tucked into their car seats (and remember the gift, unlike the last wedding I attended), I forgot my camera. Which means, I failed to capture a little tiny dancer whirling around in her fancy dress or chasing my cousin and his beautiful daughter, Finley the Flower Girl.

What I did catch were some moments from later in our long weekend: Jason teaching Audrey how to make an easy breakfast he picked up from my mother and my makeshift "clothesline" for drying Audrey's backpack to prepare for another school year.

Of course, now looking at these photos, I can't help but notice how they summarize the weekend: a few moments to slow down in each others company enjoying the simple goodnesses around us and preparing for the new season and phase to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment