Friday, September 25, 2009

For Posterity's Sake: Week in Review 38

We have reached the age of exuberance. I cannot keep up. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. You name it. I never know what's coming next. Will it be a new exclamation of discovery? Running off to try to scale something she shouldn't, with me (attempting) to be hot on her trail? Or a sweet gesture at the perfect moment to take me by surprise?

Here are just a few of the moments that have kept me clamoring to keep up this week:

We spent part of our Monday afternoon in a superstore shopping for items for our at-home emergency/first aid kits as well as grabbing some other items. As we entered the store, Audrey began yelling, "Go Colts!" (Yes, she's been schooled on how to cheer for Monday night football). I reminded her that we don't yell inside, only outside. Since I was shopping for things that I don't usually buy, or know where to find, it was a long trip. Over an hour. Maybe two. I had already forgotten about our "no yelling inside" conversation. Audrey had not. We had barely cleared the front door when she began cheering, "Go Colts! Go Colts!"


We spent our Tuesday afternoon at the Children's Museum. Audrey asked me to sit next to her in a train and drive. "Where are we going?" I asked.

"To the doctor," she said.
"What are we going to do at the doctor's office?" I asked.
"Brush our teeth."


Thursday night we met my family for dinner. It was drizzling as we got out of the car. Audrey was wearing her raincoat. Jason, who did not have on a coat, pulled her hood over her head to keep her dry. Realizing he was without a hood, Audrey said, "I'll share." She leaned into him and held the front of her hood over his forehead, completely concealing herself inside and covering part of his face. They walked this way, through the parking lot, onto the sidewalk, and into the restaurant.


And finally, Jason's favorite story of the week, another little quip from our Tuesday adventure:

Driving home from the Children's Museum, I hear Audrey fart in her car seat. "Mommy, I burped in my bum!"


Seriously, how can I begin to assume what's going to happen (or be said) next? All I can do is attempt to rest up and prepare myself to be amazed again next week. Wishing each of you a restful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I am so cracking up at her...still no matter how aggravated I am all I have to do is come to your blog...thank you Kristin for always making me smile...and please thank Audrey too!

    ReplyDelete