Saturday, May 30, 2009

For Posterity's Sake: Week in Review 21

She put them on herself.

Being in a Hurry and the Things Said While Waiting:

While on our way out the door for church on Sunday, Audrey saw me grab a sippy cup of milk. When she asked for it, I told her that I'd give it to her once we got to church. Halfway there, Audrey looks at the cars ahead of us and says, "Hurry everybody. I want some milk."

Once in church, I was attempting to keep Audrey happy and still during a baptism. I began reading her a book called Read to Your Bunny. The book is about the importance of reading to your "bunny." Some of the sentences read, "It's twenty minutes of moonlight, and twenty minutes of sun. Twenty old-favorite minutes, twenty minutes brand-new..." After reading this last line, Audrey looks at me and says, "I don't know what you're talking about."

On Tuesday, Jason was downstairs working on the computer. Audrey went down to find him. After being down there a few minutes, she said, "I can't do it, Daddy. I can't do it."

"What can't you do?" he asked.

"I can't do it. I can't wait for you." she said and headed toward the stairs.


Finding Jason has been on Audrey's mind a lot as of late. Since I've been struggling with my allergies as of late, he's been coming home and (regardless of how tired he may be after a long day) taking Audrey outside to play so she gets a little more outdoors time each day. During the day, she misses that he's not home to play. Everyday this week, she has asked numerous times, "Where did Daddy go?" Followed by the declaration, "We need to find him."

Wednesday night, we told Audrey she could watch a short movie. As Jason was getting it set up for her she said, "Let's get this show on the road."

Last night, I was carrying Audrey down the hall en route to bath time. She began to scale me like a tree. Once her knees were at my shoulders, she pulled at my hair saying, "you have a flower up there. You have another flower up there." We had read Daisy-Head Maysie earlier in the day, so I thought she was thinking of the story. Then, as I felt her tug at something on my head, I remembered that I was wearing two hair clips shaped like flowers. Of course, as soon as I said, "You're right, I do have flowers in my hair," she had moved on to something else and yelled, "I'm tall!"

We hope you are enjoying your weekend, that your day's activities are so exciting they make you want to "get this show on the road" to get them started, that you are spending time with the people you usually miss, and that you find some unexpected flowers along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment