Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gifts To Go



This is the gift (for my mother) I was finishing up this weekend. And yes, that would be the car in the background, as all photographs were taken en route to drop it off as I finished up loose ends and tied bows. Down to the wire? Yes. Finished? Yes. Yes. Yes! Here's the gift breakdown:




:: A little something pretty. This is the plant we found (and couldn't resist) during our nursery adventure. I believe it's called a Purple Parasol.



:: A little something practical. A couple of washcloths made using this free pattern from Homespun Living. They are made out of Lion cotton in White and Espresso.


:: A little something decadent. Truffles made using this recipe. As usual, I didn't follow the directions to the letter, so more on that tomorrow. The white serving dish is Bianco Nero. I nabbed several of these a year or so ago at TJMaxx or Marshalls for a few dollars a piece with holiday candy-giving in mind.



:: And finally, something part style/part function to store it all in. This whole gift came to fruition one day when I found a free pattern at Jo-Anns for this bag. They call it the Market Bag. I call it the Whatever-Suits-Your-Fancy Bag. I made it using a home decor fabric called "HS Courtyard" by Home Seasons. (I don't remember the name of the fabric I chose for the straps.) While the color isn't one I would normally choose for my mom, I kept getting drawn back to these same fabrics. It wasn't until I got home and began cutting out the pattern pieces on the family room floor that I realized the fabric matches my furniture. Hmm, I might have to go back for some more and make myself some pillows.



No comments:

Post a Comment