Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown



A couple weeks ago, I tried out a new chocolate chip cookie recipe with less-than-hoped for results. Yesterday, we made a quick run to the grocery store where Jason bought the Tollhouse chocolate chips intent to follow the recipe on the bag and make chocolate chip cookies the way he remembers them. As I made pizza sauce and dough, Jason made his cookies. They were, in a word, yummy. Not quite the chocolate chip cookies I remember (my mother's recipe is for cowboy cookies loaded with chocolate chips and rolled oats that, for some reason, I can't seem to copy), but yummy. They were even better this afternoon.


Jason was proud of his finished product. Last night, he appeared with Audrey's terry cloth, lady bug bath mitt. He asked me if it counted as a glove. As I explained it was a bath mitt, he tagged me on the cheek with it and challenged me to a duel: to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies that surpass his, I mean Tollhouse's. Not one to back down from a challenge, or take being smacked with a cloth insect lightly, I accepted.


The mission is clear: find a recipe that makes Jason's batch of cookies look like child's play. If you have a recipe to help me succeed in this mission, please send it my way. I have a feeling that once Jason reads this post, he might accuse me of cheating, but all is fair in love and war, especially those involving chocolate chips.

1 comment:

  1. OH, I wish I could help you out, but this time I'm on Jason's side. Out of any recipe I have had for chocolate chip cookies, Nestle Tollhouse are still my favorite! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete