Friday, October 8, 2010

And Now For Pumpkins








After a week of promises, we finally made it to the pumpkin patch. Last Friday. I was hoping for a fun trip, one that would suffice Audrey's mounting hopes. What we found was a little bit of magic. A fall day turned summer. One daddy home earlier than expected and along for the ride. Patches popping with orange bulbs everywhere we looked. A field of fuzzy weeds for the taking and touching (and storing by mom as little fingers busied themselves with pumpkin hunting). The chance to lend a hand when someone came up one caramel apple short for their little man. Daddy's strong hands to haul our bounty back to the wagon (really, how would I have managed that on my own?). Five perfectly unique pumpkins, one for each of us (even the dog), home and huddled in the lawn. Fall festivities now in swing. A perfect surprise party sort of a day, when I didn't even realize I wanted a celebration. Fall's magic, already brewing.

1 comment: