Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doodle Me This





Don't you love those earliest pictures - networks of lines, circles, and dots. Audrey created this little guy over the weekend. We had put down a couple paper grocery bags (when I forget my cloth bags, I always grab the paper bags for their artistic possibilities) to protect the table from stamping. The stamping of a card finished, we began doodling on the bags. I love how the same simple shapes can create such different little creatures. I love the confidence with which little ones draw. Most of all, I love the stories - that these are not simply lines and circles, but creations with motive, background, and thought. From what I remember this one above was a rather mean guy, with loads of arms for dirty deeds like snatching others' presents. Who knew an orange crayon could do all that?


*What are those crayons, you ask? They are called Crayon Rocks, made of soy and designed specifically to strengthen little ones' hands. Love them. Thanks for the gift, Aunt Ashley!

No comments:

Post a Comment