Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ABC's: Pipes, Swings, Leaves

We got a bit creative with the alphabet yesterday. Or, more accurately, I got a little creative with the alphabet. We met up with a few friends at the park with our cameras to look for letters hidden around us in nature and architecture. Audrey only recognizes a couple of letters, so I wasn't quite sure how this activity would go. It went something like this: we got to the park; Audrey discovered her first merry-go-round; I think it's true love. So while she busied herself running as fast as she could to propel the other kids on the merry-go-round (the other mothers laughing because she was the smallest child in the group of 4 or 5 and me missing my photo opportunity due to the sheer awe of watching her), I searched the park with my camera. Here are a few of my finds:


U


M

E


T



W





O
For those of you looking for a hidden message, all I can come up with for you is U + ME = TWO. If I could find enough letters, I think there are some fun teaching tools to be made and projects to be done. We might have to take our letter hunt downtown. In the meantime, here's to the all the things to be seen, if only we take a moment to look.


No comments:

Post a Comment