Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Celebration


Happy Birthday to my little sister, who lives far away in distance but is always close at heart (and who I'm so excited I was able to spend Sunday with). The cake is carrot cake, made by my mom, half slathered in icing and half not-so-much in fitting with her mother's desire to please us all. Contrary to what the candles might imply, my little sis did not just turn three (although, when looking at this picture Audrey insisted that it was her birthday cake - and acted as such when she rearranged the candles, hence the extra holes on top). But three or not, my sister has managed to hold onto that inner joy so fully present in childhood and so easily spread. And, that is a reason to celebrate. Happy Birthday, shaky mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment