Monday, February 9, 2009

I Have A Picasso

Saturday morning, while on the phone with Jason (taking my doughnut order from a local bakery we wanted to try out), I turn the corner to find Audrey composing this little masterpiece:


While I'm all in favor of her exploring her creativity, this was not the exploration I had in mind. I gasp, mumble, "Gotta go," and hang up. As I strap her into her booster seat, I'm wonder where she managed to find a permanent purple marker that probably hasn't been used since my high school days ("Go Tiger Cubs!") - and, how is a marker that is over a decade old not dried out by now? While consulting Talking Dirty with the Queen of Clean, I get the text from Jason asking if everyone is okay. A quick nondescript text "we're fine, just cleaning it up" later and I'm onto tackling the door one nail-polish remover-soaked cotton ball at a time. I had just given up on getting any more of the marker out when Jason gets home with a box of doughnuts and a little white bag, which he gives to me. I open it to find these little tokens of appreciation for a morning roughly spent:

Hello, silver lining.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I hope Lilly never does that to me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magic Erasers are a staple in my house....

    ReplyDelete