Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Things I Will Miss: Day 2

The Piles. Yes, that's right. The same piles I typically wish I could make disappear. I can't count the number of times I've thought that somehow my days would be a little easier if I had an organized system that kept the house perpetually clean. But there will come day when the house is organized without kid-centered piles and it will feel a little too big, a little too quiet, and a little too empty. I will miss seeing the footprint of how we spent our day.




The tantrums (even the really ill-timed ones). There will come a time when I wish she would tell me anything, even if it comes in the form of screaming, because I will not be the person she turns to when she is in trouble.

Her incomplete sentences. One day she will speak perfectly and I won't have this constant reminder of her amazing ability to learn so quickly something so complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment